Tuesday, August 05, 2003

Before vacation

I'm sure that everyone knows what it means to be a slug: the sunshine of dusk makes one wither and pull the covers up closer to the head, eating cereal with Bob Barker and Al Borland, and having no purpose but to make one's environment dirty. When school is out, I am a slug. (Those who know me best know that going to school doesn't change the fact that I'm a slug.) I have been a slug for 2 days now. It gets bad when I can't tell you what I have been doing for the past two days and I have to look at a calendar to even see what day it is. All I know is that rain has been coming down outside between rays of sunshine.

Exciting things, however, are happening in my life. Tonight consisted of packing my belongings- most of which were still in boxes from moving out of the dorms last week- to prepare for vacation. The family and I will be traveling south to go to Nolin Lake for about 2 days then head more south to visit the Sunshine State for about a week. Plans for Nolin Lake include riding on an intertube being pulled by a speedboat, then withstand the couple of Gs that result from the boat swinging the tube aroung in a circle. It's hard enough trying endure the acceleration when the boater pulls these tight turns, but when you have gone in a complete circle and come upon the waves that the boat has created going 20-30mph, it's hurts! It is, however, a funny sight for bystanders. I enjoy watching others get flung up 10 feet into the air and still try to hang on, then get smacked by the water. When I do it, it happens too fast to realize how my whole body hurts. Sometimes I save myself the pain and just let go before the "ride" gets worse! For those who wish to relax on their vacation, we will also be water skiing and kneeboarding. In Florida, we will be visiting the beach and Orlando, host of Universal Studios. I've never been to Universal, so I'm looking forward to that.

After the vacation, I will remain in Florida to begin my 2nd co-op. There will be about 2 weeks of kill time before starting work on Monday th 25th, so I hope to read many books and enjoy the relaxing life of the beach.

Wish me safe travels...