Monday, June 28, 2004

Walmart

So I went shopping to Wally world last night to pick up some food for tonight’s dinner that I'm preparing. I'm going to cook some quick chili; Greg gave me the recipe on my first co-op because I wanted something to cook for myself besides frozen pizzas.

2 Lbs of Ground Beef
1 medium onion
2 cans of Diced Tomatoes
2 cans of Kidney Beans
1 can of Tomato Soup
Chili powder, pepper, and garlic powder

Brown beef with onions.
Dump everything else in.
Leave on warm for 1 hour.


So, at Wal-Mart- like a lot of other large stores- there are a large amount of people with carts. It reminds me of very slow moving traffic. Actually, I almost got into an accident with my shopping cart last night. I was pushing my cart along the isle and a guy shot out of a side isle right in front of me. I had to slam on the brakes (stop walking) else I would have side swiped him. He didn't look both ways before merging into traffic and he almost paid the ultimate price for it.

And there is always that unspoken rule of forward traffic being on the right hand side of the isle (like on a road). Has anyone else, to feel dangerous, just gone on the left hand side against the flow of traffic? I have and I always get an adrenaline rush!

I've always wondered if there have been accidents involving shopping carts. So I did a Google search on it and found the following story. Makes you think how dangerous shopping carts are...

On September 13, 2001 I was at a walmart shopping center in Lakeland, Fl. At this shopping center, they have a machine that the employees load the shopping carts on and it pushes them through the parking lot, and loads them into the store. I was in the store getting a shopping cart, and putting my son in the cart, when the next thing I know I am thrown into my shopping cart, and thrusted forward. The machine had at least 90 shopping carts, so I was hit with 90 carts plus the machine in the lower back.

Ouch. She got hit, not by a car but by a train! Lesson Learned: never get in the way of a train because it won't stop for you.

No comments: