Saturday, June 26, 2004

Nature in Florida

One of the things of Florida I enjoy most is the beautiful displays of nature. These vary from the gorgeous sunrises on the beach of the Atlantic to the powerful thunderstorms seen off in the distance to various insects.

Last night, there was a storm on the horizon which was producing lightning about once every 3 seconds. It was an awesome sight to see. I got out the trusty camera and tried to capture one of them. Out of the 80 pictures that I took, 4 weren’t totally black. I didn’t try taking the picture after seeing a strike because I thought that my reflexes wouldn’t be fast enough to see the strike, but instead constantly took pictures hoping that I would get a good picture. I don’t think that this method worked very well.

Below are some of my pictures of Florida’s great displays of nature.

Sunrise

Lightning

Grasshopper

No comments: