Thursday, October 16, 2003

Selling out!

I've sold out! I don't know whether to be disappointed with myself or happy. I got a real mattress yesterday.

One of my co-op buddies stayed over our place last weekend. Preparing for his arrival, my roommate went over another co-op's place and got an extra boxspring and mattress. When the co-op buddy left, I ended up taking the mattress. After one night, I have yet to notice a difference in quality of sleep. *sigh* For two months, I was sleeping on a slightly deflated airmattress. Now it is fully deflated, folded up in the corner of my room. It's a sad moment.

Yesterday, I bought the Matrix: Reloaded. I will be watching that this weekend.

I also bought a pair of expensive headphones to try out. I could definitaly tell the difference between my $30 sony headphones and these $130 Sennheiser headphones. There is only one problem: they are "open-air" headphones. Even though they completly cover both ears (like studio headphones), they leak out a lot of sound purposely to have a more spacial sound and to gain bass performance. When listening to them, they sound awesome, but my roommate, in the other room, can hear the sound. This is discouraging, because most "good" headphones are designed in this way- but the whole point of me buying headphones is so that I don't disturb other people. If other people can still hear the sound with the headphones on, I might as well crank up the subwoofer and give him or her something to listen to. Awesome headphones, but they leak sound. :( I'll be returning them tomorrow.

I'm working on my presentation for my database-driven website. I will be giving that on monday, oct 20th.