Thursday, May 26, 2005

College memories...

Yesterday, I was walking north on 3rd street from Speed to go to Phase 2. I tried to remember what it was like to walk that path over 3 years ago. The swing set was there to the left and so was the fountain. Usually kids were playing in it, taunting me to come join them instead of doing calculus homework. Jay-walking was still a fairly new concept but usually wasn't difficult at 9:15am. The lawn behind Ekstrom was green and had many trees, including the largest tree on campus.

As I rounded the corner, one memory grabbed my attention: me walking this path with two good friends one morning after a Calculus 3 test. I remembered the conversation we were having that fateful morning; it made me smile. I continued walking up to Center Hall and felt like my presensence there was fulfilling something- this very moment was meant just for me. It felt all too real again. In a matter of seconds, I again felt like a young freshman with too much time on my hands. I then suddenly became curious. My pace quickened to discover what lay hidden behind some trees. Could it be? It sure was...

Carpe Diem!


No comments: